Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Smart Client and IIS 6.0

Smart Client and IIS 6.0

Jim

I am trying to get a smart client app to work properly under IIS. I used the
same techniques as I had under IIS 5 but it is not working. The problem is
that the application.exe.config file is not being downloaded when ran from
the browser. I went into the virtual directory for the app and removed the
..config mapping that was required under IIS 5 to get this to work.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get this to work under IIS 6? You can
assume that I had everything configured correctly under IIS 5 to get this to
work so if there is something new for IIS 6, that's what I need!

Thanks,
-Jim

Jim

Somewhere I found that you no longer need to remove the mapping for the
..config file for .Net 1.1. Well, if you do, then it breaks. Its nice to have
documentation on thi stuff

-jim

"Jim" <james_cline_@__DoNotSpamMe__msn.com> wrote in message
news:eV$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to get a smart client app to work properly under IIS. I used

the
> same techniques as I had under IIS 5 but it is not working. The problem is
> that the application.exe.config file is not being downloaded when ran from
> the browser. I went into the virtual directory for the app and removed the
> .config mapping that was required under IIS 5 to get this to work.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do to get this to work under IIS 6? You

can
> assume that I had everything configured correctly under IIS 5 to get this

> work so if there is something new for IIS 6, that's what I need!
>
> Thanks,
> -Jim

client/server smart client recommendation? Chris Bordeman ASP .Net 2 09-02-2007 09:00 AM
Smart Pointers: Is there something similar to smart pointers in C? MotoK C Programming 59 09-15-2006 07:03 PM
Smart Card Certificate Logon and Smart Card Wireless EAP-TLS erha Wireless Networking 0 05-19-2005 01:40 AM
Smart Client and IIS 6.0 Jim ASP .Net 1 01-06-2004 06:34 PM
trade 64mb smart media for 16mb smart media cards wjva Digital Photography 1 08-20-2003 08:30 PM

Advertisments