Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Impersonation not working with Asynchronous calls

Impersonation not working with Asynchronous calls

Jason Elliott

I make a connection from my web service function to a sql
database (on another machine) using Windows Only
authentication and the following in my web.config
<identity impersonate="true"
userName="domain\username"
password="password">
</identity>

When I call the function synchronously everything works
fine but when I try to call it asynchronously it doesn't
pass the impersonate info and I receive the following
error back.

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated
with a trusted SQL Server connection.

How do I pass windows credentials in order to connect to a
SQL database in an asynchronous web service call?