Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Logon popup for intranet application

Logon popup for intranet application

David

Hi,

We have several intranet applications (ASP.NET), that are
deployed on both of our webservers. As these applications
are used only in the intranet zone, anonymous access is
disabled, and we are instead using Integrated Windows
authentication. Some users within the company when
logging onto the applications on one of our webservers are
prompted with a logon popup, asking them to enter their
username, password and domain. These applications run
fine (i.e. no logon popup) when users connect to exactly
the same application on the other webserver.

I've checked, to ensure that users IE settings look
correct. Bypass proxy for local addresses is selected in
LAN Settings, as well as in the proxy settings window of
LAN settings I've checked that the name of the webservers
(separated witha a are added to the "Do not use proxy
servers for addresses beginning with:" box.

Any ideas? Is this likely to have anything to do with the
way in which the problematic webserver is configured?

Thanks in advance
David

Scott M.

Sounds like someone has put NTFS permissions on the folders in quesiton.

news:b0e701c3b8cb$90f62c30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> We have several intranet applications (ASP.NET), that are
> deployed on both of our webservers. As these applications
> are used only in the intranet zone, anonymous access is
> disabled, and we are instead using Integrated Windows
> authentication. Some users within the company when
> logging onto the applications on one of our webservers are
> prompted with a logon popup, asking them to enter their
> username, password and domain. These applications run
> fine (i.e. no logon popup) when users connect to exactly
> the same application on the other webserver.
>
> I've checked, to ensure that users IE settings look
> correct. Bypass proxy for local addresses is selected in
> LAN Settings, as well as in the proxy settings window of
> LAN settings I've checked that the name of the webservers
> (separated witha a are added to the "Do not use proxy
> servers for addresses beginning with:" box.
>
> Any ideas? Is this likely to have anything to do with the
> way in which the problematic webserver is configured?
>
> Thanks in advance
> David

David

Thanks Scott, looks as if this problem is now fixed. It
was indeed NTFS permissions. They'd been applied to the
wwwroot folder erroneously on the problematic webserver.

David