Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > q: asp.net: changing logon time to get LOGON32_LOGON_NETWORK_CLEARTEXT ?

q: asp.net: changing logon time to get LOGON32_LOGON_NETWORK_CLEARTEXT ?

Juri Zenkevitch

Hi All !

I get into the problem... My web application, which uses authentication
mode="Windows", so the app will impersonate under the user, which access
it's pages. In the application, I do use
"Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey ", which fails, because the
app identity was (probably) logged on w/out the NETWORK_CLEARTEXT flag
(LogonUser).

So, the question is: can I change that flag somehow for current application
identity ? I can not do the LogonUser, because my server-side code do not
have the password for user, only it's identity (token) in Principal
object...

Any ideas ?

Thank you,

Yury.

Juri Zenkevitch

Err, I meant to say "logon type" in subject

"Juri Zenkevitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All !
>
> I get into the problem... My web application, which uses authentication
> mode="Windows", so the app will impersonate under the user, which access
> it's pages. In the application, I do use
> "Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey ", which fails, because the
> app identity was (probably) logged on w/out the NETWORK_CLEARTEXT flag
> (LogonUser).
>
> So, the question is: can I change that flag somehow for current

application
> identity ? I can not do the LogonUser, because my server-side code do not
> have the password for user, only it's identity (token) in Principal
> object...
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Yury.

Brian C

Yury,
mode="Windows" will not insure that the the app will
impersonate under the user. However, this will:

<identity impersonate="true" />

It is likely that the users are using the local ASPNET
user.

Brian