Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > ASPNET password expired?

ASPNET password expired?

Trent Tait

This morning I come into work, the boss asks me to fix a
problem, I say sure, fire up my laptop, run the app to
start tracing the error and bam. Server Unavailable.
What? Checked the event log:

Logon Failure:
Reason: The specified account's password
has expired
User Name: ASPNET
Domain: DELLWING
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: Advapi
Authentication Package: Negotiate
Workstation Name: DELLWING

How does an auto-generated password expire? And how on
earth do I make it generate a new one? Any ideas?

Trent.