Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Forms authentication and redirection

Forms authentication and redirection

Paul K

In a web application I'm transferring from asp to
asp.net, I have a login form which gets the user's
credentials and checks to see if they exists in a
database. If they do exist, I'm writing some data to the
session contents and then running the following code:

url = FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl
(txtUID.Text,true);

if (url == "/EPES/default.aspx")
url = "private/production.aspx?MOVEWEEK=NONE";

Response.Redirect(url);

Every time the page is redirected to production.aspx,
it's redirected back to default.aspx. My loginUrl is
default.aspx. production.aspx includes another page for
creating a menu (menu.aspx).

How do I redirect the user to production.aspx without
being automatically redirected again?

Paul K