Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > haven't a clue!

haven't a clue!

Larry Brindise

Can someone point me in the right direction? This is the
page that results from my web app. This web app installs
on every other machine without a problem. Here is a copy
of the page:
--------------------------
Configuration Error
configuration file required to service this request.
Please review the specific error details below and modify
your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unable to read the security policy
file for trust level 'WSS_Minimal'.

Source Error:

Line 62: <compilation batch="false" debug="false" />
Line 63: <pages enableSessionState="false"
enableViewState="true" enableViewStateMac="true"
validateRequest="false" />
Line 64: <trust level="WSS_Minimal" originUrl="" />
Line 65: <machineKey
validationKey="DC621053C050688E69561D160B25F685006 61643E41
4BE78"
decryptionKey="C7995A7A818A5DBB0D6DD806CB132199F18 8690F592
83243" validation="SHA1" />
Line 66: </system.web>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config Line: 64

----------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

MSFT

Hi Larry,

Normally, <trust> Element can only be set to five kinds of levels:

Full, High, Medium, Low, Minimal

What is "WSS_Minimal" in your web application?

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Larry Brindise

Where would I look for such a setting?

MSFT

In the file "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config". I suspect it should be
"Minimal", not "WSS_Minimal" if you don't change it before.

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

"WSS_Minimal" is a custom security "policy" that is
installed by sharepoint services. There should be a
definiation within the config file that defines it.

and confers no
>rights.)
>
>.

MSFT

Yes. The original problem may be caused by that the sharepoint services
hasn't been installed completely on the computer, so that the security
policy can't be read.