Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Is this possible?

Is this possible?

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?=

I have a WinPC running XP (Home) SP1 connected to a Netgear DG834G Wireless
router.
I have upstairs, a MacG4 with an enabled Airport Card. The PC is connected
to Router via ethernet & the Mac detects and shares the Internet connection,
no problem.
What I can't work out is how to get each computer to see each other and
share files & printer.
The printer is attached to the PC.
I will also be adding a second PC fairly soon.
This is probablybasic stuff, but I'm new to networking.
Any help most gratefully received.
--
PG

Philip Ashley

http://joelshoemaker.com/computer/mac/wxpfs.html

or think about using ftp as a file sharing option

hth

philip ashley

"Paul G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a WinPC running XP (Home) SP1 connected to a Netgear DG834G Wireless
> router.
> I have upstairs, a MacG4 with an enabled Airport Card. The PC is connected
> to Router via ethernet & the Mac detects and shares the Internet
> connection,
> no problem.
> What I can't work out is how to get each computer to see each other and
> share files & printer.
> The printer is attached to the PC.
> I will also be adding a second PC fairly soon.
> This is probablybasic stuff, but I'm new to networking.
> Any help most gratefully received.
> --
> PG

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?=

Thanks Philip,
I havn't explored this yet fully but it looks promising.

Just one thing, how do I establish if the computers can "Ping" each other?

--
PG

"Philip Ashley" wrote:

> http://joelshoemaker.com/computer/mac/wxpfs.html
>
> or think about using ftp as a file sharing option
>
> hth
>
> philip ashley
>
> "Paul G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a WinPC running XP (Home) SP1 connected to a Netgear DG834G Wireless
> > router.
> > I have upstairs, a MacG4 with an enabled Airport Card. The PC is connected
> > to Router via ethernet & the Mac detects and shares the Internet
> > connection,
> > no problem.
> > What I can't work out is how to get each computer to see each other and
> > share files & printer.
> > The printer is attached to the PC.
> > I will also be adding a second PC fairly soon.
> > This is probablybasic stuff, but I'm new to networking.
> > Any help most gratefully received.
> > --
> > PG

Philip Ashley

for help with 'ping' theres a link on the left that takes you here

http://joelshoemaker.com/computer/mac/ping.html