Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Best way to keep track of user-related info? [Opinions wanted]

Best way to keep track of user-related info? [Opinions wanted]

Edward J. Stembler

I have an ASP.Net portal application which requires a user to login.
The user has a CompanyId associated with their profile in the
database. Once they successfully login, I want to store the CompanyId
for that user somewhere for later reference.

What is the best way to do this? Should, I store the CompanyId in an
encrypted cookie? In the Context object? Somewhere else?

Here are some assumptions: Each user has a CompanyId assigned to their
profile. Multiple users can log into the site. The site will need to
know the CompanyId eventually on various pages (or usercontrols) for a
given user. The site must keep CompanyId's seperate per user.

Edward J. Stembler

Nevermind. I found a good article on MSDN Magazine which helped with
my decision:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...rame=true&_r=1

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Edward J. Stembler) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I have an ASP.Net portal application which requires a user to login.
> The user has a CompanyId associated with their profile in the
> database. Once they successfully login, I want to store the CompanyId
> for that user somewhere for later reference.
>
> What is the best way to do this? Should, I store the CompanyId in an
> encrypted cookie? In the Context object? Somewhere else?
>
> Here are some assumptions: Each user has a CompanyId assigned to their
> profile. Multiple users can log into the site. The site will need to
> know the CompanyId eventually on various pages (or usercontrols) for a
> given user. The site must keep CompanyId's seperate per user.

insert track reference in mp3 track D@Z Computer Support 1 05-02-2008 03:32 PM
a way to keep track of # of clicks Shawn Minisall Python 0 12-09-2007 05:48 PM
What is the best way to track marketing campaigns (using IIS / asp.net 2.0) ship ASP .Net 2 07-31-2007 08:38 AM
Old certification track vs new certification track. Barkley Hughes MCAD 5 11-12-2006 02:41 PM
best software to keep track of what my kid does on the net? Steve Knight Computer Support 38 06-10-2004 08:42 PM

Advertisments