Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Forms Authentication Cookie via IP Only

Forms Authentication Cookie via IP Only

Brian Mahloch

Hello,

I have a problem with the forms authentication cookie when accessing my site
via http://computername/application, however when I access the site using
the IP address in place of the computername the forms authentication cookie
works fine. I thought it was related to the client machine and the
webserver residing in different domains, but when I access the same
application from a different webserver using the computer name I have no
problems. Also, considering users should be able to authenticate over the
internet the domain issue wouldn't make sense.

If anyone can assist in helping me pinpoint this problem I would greatly
appreciate it.

Brian Mahloch

Brian Mahloch

Well,

I was able to figure out the issue. NEVER use underscores in a computer
name. Once I removed that it worked great.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...