Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Disable impersonation programmatically?

Disable impersonation programmatically?

Tobias Lekman

Hi,

I have an issue with Indexing service and impersonation,
namely that Indexing service do not work properly with

<identity impersonate="true" />

I am using this parameter for different access levels for
WRITE access and am using trusted sql connections,
therefore I do not want to disable impersonation.

The question is: is there a way to programmatically,
within the code-behind or class file, to disable
impersonation and execute using the anonymous or system
account??

The only way I found around this was to create a web
service as a wrapper for the indexing service calls, which
is not very elegant at all.

Any ideas would be deeply appreciated.

Tobias

Impersonation code Pramod ASP .Net 1 05-12-2005 09:56 PM
Problem with impersonation and delegation Kelly D. Jones ASP .Net 1 09-12-2003 04:43 PM
Re: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Hidulf ASP .Net 1 06-30-2003 05:23 PM
Re: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Raymond Basque ASP .Net 3 06-29-2003 05:18 PM
RE: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Bassel Tabbara [MSFT] ASP .Net 1 06-28-2003 12:01 AM

Advertisments