Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > The operation has timed-out.

The operation has timed-out.

Romano Live

The Operation has timed-out

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed-out.

The webservice works great when invoked through the browser and returns the data as requested. I cant connect to these same services from a Windows application (EXE). (.NET-based Windows applications.)

The same code works on another system, just not on mine. I have using XP Professional, with all updates from windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Please Help!
Romano.

alvaro corcuera

I had the same problem. I was able to call the webservice from a windows
applications, but not inside a WebForm. It also run if the uri of the
webservice was localhost or 127.0.0.1 but not other uri or even the
local IP.

To solve it I installed a proxy server (CCProxy in
http://www.youngzsoft.com) and include the line YourWebService.Proxy =
new WebProxy( "127.0.0.1", 80. And it works. I know that it is not the
best solution, but after 3 days working on this issue is the best one,
and the only one!

Alvaro Corcuera