Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Minimal permissions with an Access Database and 2000 server ?

Minimal permissions with an Access Database and 2000 server ?

Gilles LAMBERT

Hi,

Does any one knows what account must have the Write Access to allow
edition on a Access database with an ASP .NET application with Windows
2000 ?

Under Windows 2003, it is the Network Service and not the ASPNET
account.

Thaks and best regards
Gilles

Mary Chipman

It depends on what you have in the username attribute of the
processModel your machine.config file for the wp_aspnet process model
account. Your choices are System or Machine (preferred since it's a
least-privileged account). You can edit the machine.config file and
then reset IIS.

<processModel enable="true"
userName="MACHINE" password="AutoGenerate" />

Once you are running as machine, grant ASPNET read, write, delete
perms on the file share that contains the mdb and the mdw.

-- Mary
MCW Technologies
http://www.mcwtech.com

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:44:21 -0700, Gilles LAMBERT
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does any one knows what account must have the Write Access to allow
>edition on a Access database with an ASP .NET application with Windows
>2000 ?
>
>Under Windows 2003, it is the Network Service and not the ASPNET
>account.
>
>Thaks and best regards
>Gilles

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Gilles,

Firstly, I want to thank Mary for her great help in this issue.

In addition, I think that the following Knowledge Base article is useful to
you.

INFO: Implementing Impersonation in an ASP.NET Application

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! ĘC www.microsoft.com/security