Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > How to convert JPEG image into a binary data?

How to convert JPEG image into a binary data?

Lucas Cowald

Hi,

Using ASP and VBScript. How to convert JPEG image into a binary data? Is it
possible with a command from ASP / VBScript without having to put it into a
database first?

I want to take the JPEG image from a folder, convert it into a binary data,
and stream it to the browser. How can I do it? Can you show a short code?

Thank you for your help.

Steve Jansen

Check out the documentation for the Scripting.FileSystemObject COM object.
This will allow you to open and read binary objects.

You can then set the mime type to "image/jpeg" with the Response.ContentType
property and use the Response.BinaryWrite() method to write the stream from
the FSO objects to the client.

The only real reason to do this is to perform forms-based authenication
before serving a binary file. If you want to protect the file with the
aforementioned technique, remember to locate the files outside your web root
or deny IIS read permissions on the JPEG folder/files.

- Steve Jansen

news:(E-Mail Removed)...