Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > folder permissions

folder permissions

eNathan

We have a repository of reports(Crystal). It is many folders and
subfolders.We have set permissions to these folders based on who needs
access to them by implementing groups in Active Directory.

Problem: I want to populate a tree view with only the folders the user has
permissions to. I can get the groups the user is a member of. I can't
determine which groups have permissions to which folders. Any suggestions
would be welcomed.

Lauchlan M

> Problem: I want to populate a tree view with only the folders the user has
> permissions to. I can get the groups the user is a member of. I can't
> determine which groups have permissions to which folders. Any suggestions
> would be welcomed.

You could store this information in the AppSetting section of the web.config
and look it up based on the users role before populating the tree view.

HTH

Lauchlan M