Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Forms Auth and none aspx pages

Forms Auth and none aspx pages

Michael Tissington

I have forms authentication working for any aspx page (I'm doing this on
both a folder level and also individual files).

The problem I have is if the file is an exe or html then forms auth seems to
be ignored.

How do I get Forms auth to work for other file type too ?

Thanks

--
-
Michael Tissington

Lauchlan M

> I have forms authentication working for any aspx page (I'm doing this on
> both a folder level and also individual files).
>
> The problem I have is if the file is an exe or html then forms auth seems

> be ignored.
>
> How do I get Forms auth to work for other file type too ?

By default this is only configured for aspx files. To get it to apply to
other files, you need to go into IIS and set up mappings for file types you
need to secure. I don't recall the details offhand. If you have trouble
doing it, post back here and I'll try and check again in the future and look
up the details for you.

HTH

Lauchlan M

Michael Tissington

Lauchlan ,

I've looked into various settings on IIS but can't find how to do this.

Any pointers please?

--
Michael Tissington
http://www.oaklodge.com

"Lauchlan M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eX7o%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have forms authentication working for any aspx page (I'm doing this on
> > both a folder level and also individual files).
> >
> > The problem I have is if the file is an exe or html then forms auth

seems
> > be ignored.
> >
> > How do I get Forms auth to work for other file type too ?

> By default this is only configured for aspx files. To get it to apply to
> other files, you need to go into IIS and set up mappings for file types

you
> need to secure. I don't recall the details offhand. If you have trouble
> doing it, post back here and I'll try and check again in the future and

look
> up the details for you.
>
> HTH
>
> Lauchlan M

Lauchlan M

> Lauchlan ,
>
> I've looked into various settings on IIS but can't find how to do this.
>
> Any pointers please?

Go into Internet Services Manager | Default Website and right-click
'properties' on <YourWebApplication>

Go to the 'Directory' tab. Click the 'Configuration' button. Add the kinds
of resources you need to 'Application mappings'.

HTH

Lauchlan M