Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Smart Client form Permissons Problem

Smart Client form Permissons Problem

Jay Stacy

Out of 7 users, 3 don't work. One of them did things in
the right order so now I'm not so sure what is the common
denominator. Here is the error message:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot generate SSPI
context.

The database grants select access for public. I turned
off anonymous access for the site and require Windows
Integrated Security.

permissions.
>I created an installer program that configures the

user's
>PC to grant full permissions to any code coming from my
>intranet server. Those that ran the install program

first
>and then clicked on the smart client link work fine. But
>those that ran the permissions installer program second,
>don't work. I tried deleting the download cache, changed
>the program to force a download again, rebooted,

manually
>created permissions using the dotnet configuration
>administrative tool, and probably a bunch of other

things
>I can't remember right now. Any ideas?
>.

MSFT

I suspect this may not be a "pure" .NET problem. You may first create a
common app (not smart client) running on the client computer to see if it
can build the SQL connection. If this also failed, you can refer to
following article to perform trouble shoot:

HOW TO: Troubleshoot the "Cannot Generate SSPI Context" Error Message
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q811889

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Jay Stacy

You are right. It had nothing to do with .NET. The
suggested article was very helpfull. Thank you.

US;Q811889

>Luke
>Microsoft Online Support
>
>Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
>(This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties,

and confers no