Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Directoryentry.bind

Directoryentry.bind

Solly

Hi

I have a webapp that does queries against active
directory. The app works fine when run from the local
machine, but doesn't when run from remote machines. It
gives [COMException (0x80072020) operations error], and
points to Directoryentry.bind().

Impersonation and intergrated security are enabled.

Please assist.

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

What does your code look like? Often times, these kinds of errors happen
because delegation does not work.

If using Basic authentication or binding with specific credentials in your
DirectoryEntry constructor fixes this, then it is likely a delegation issue.

Joe K.

news:11b601c38c0a$ef83f4f0$(E-Mail Removed)...