Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > trustLevel

trustLevel

Per Erik Gransøe

Hi.

In an environment with a IIS shared by many users, I've decreased the
trustlevel on a site basis to all sites to trust level medium. This means
that the web apps have no access to system event logs and file io access
outside their web directory. But, argh, this also means - for some reason -
that when an external assembly containing for instance new web controls, the
load of these fails with an:

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: [Assembly Name]

If I drop the restriction, there are no problems. How can I solve this
issue?

Best regards,
Per