Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Form Authentication in ASP.NET for multiple users

Form Authentication in ASP.NET for multiple users

Vinayak

Hi
Can I implement Form Authentication in ASP.NET for
different users(Number of different users is not fixed).

Regards
Vinayak

Me2

Vinayak,

Start here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...entication.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...entication.asp

These two articles are the best for getting up to speed.
--
Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCDBA, MCSE, CCNA
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the
"Vinayak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:171af01c38667$bc75b510$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Can I implement Form Authentication in ASP.NET for
> different users(Number of different users is not fixed).
>
> Regards
> Vinayak

Toby Considine

Yes.

You can either put the users in the WEBCONFIG file, or validate them by
putting Accounts/Passwords in a back-end database. If you do so, it is, of
course, best practice to encryp the passwords before you store them and
before you query using them.

Record not found --> don't set authentication context.

Below is a nice write-up.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...SecNetHT03.asp

tc