Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Windows Authentication Questions

Windows Authentication Questions

Jim Leary

I have a web app that I have setup to use Windows authentication (
impersonation = true ) and IIS configured to use integrated security only.
From what I have read, this should suppress the logon prompt is you are
currently logged into the same domain. Am I missing something? I get a logon
prompt consistenty, no matter how I access the server.

Thanks in advance...

Fredrik Normén NSQUARED

If your url have dots for example:

www.myComputer.com

the IE think this is a exteranl access and don't send
your credentials, it think you are on an internet zone.
If you only type the computer name it would work.

If you want to use dots in the url you need to add the
address to be trusted in Internet Exploerer security
settings.

/Fredrik Normén NSQUARED2

prompt is you are