Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > SSL prevents project from being loaded.

SSL prevents project from being loaded.

Mike Dando

I have a VB project which has 1 web service.
I have been developing the project happily with Dot Net until I applied SSL
to be web server.
Now the project cannot be opened in Dot Net.
Removing project and re-adding does not display any files at the web project
location.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike.

Mike Dando

Manually updated my .vbproj.webinfo file
from
<Web URLPath = "http://localhost/..." />
<Web URLPath = "https://localhost/..." />

If i open the project outside of the solution I now get the following
error:-

The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match.

Mike.

"Mike Dando" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a VB project which has 1 web service.
> I have been developing the project happily with Dot Net until I applied

SSL
> to be web server.
> Now the project cannot be opened in Dot Net.
> Removing project and re-adding does not display any files at the web

project
> location.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

Mike Dando

I created a new web project to my solution, added the source files
from the problematic project and recompiled ok.

When I close DoNet and re-open my solution it now complains about
my new project: -

https://localhost/.... The host name in the certificate is invalid or does
not match.

?

Mike.

"Mike Dando" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a VB project which has 1 web service.
> I have been developing the project happily with Dot Net until I applied

SSL
> to be web server.
> Now the project cannot be opened in Dot Net.
> Removing project and re-adding does not display any files at the web

project
> location.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

Mike Dando

Problem resolved.
My certificate name did not exactly match my pc name.