Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Search here doesn't work or what?

Search here doesn't work or what?

MPurtell

I was trying to find an old post in here but couldn't so I
tried placing my cursor directly above a post that
the "Search" engine should find and it didn't.

Example: I put my cursor on "Authentication..."(date=Sep 9
2003 6:21AM)
Click Search and put "A.M." in the "From" search box
(which is the next item, and search can't find it.

Also tried same concept but put "RSA Security Tokens." in
the "subject" box with no hits.

Is indexing off today or what?
I'm using ie6.

Thanks,
Mike

WL\(fromSJTU\)

Hi MPurtell,

Why not use Google? http://groups.google.com. It's a great tool! I think it
should be found in google if it exits.

StoneCode.

"MPurtell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:58b501c376d8$dca28dc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was trying to find an old post in here but couldn't so I
> tried placing my cursor directly above a post that
> the "Search" engine should find and it didn't.
>
> Example: I put my cursor on "Authentication..."(date=Sep 9
> 2003 6:21AM)
> Click Search and put "A.M." in the "From" search box
> (which is the next item, and search can't find it.
>
> Also tried same concept but put "RSA Security Tokens." in
> the "subject" box with no hits.
>
> Is indexing off today or what?
> I'm using ie6.
>

> Thanks,
> Mike

MPurtell

>Why not use Google? http://groups.google.com. It's a
great tool! I think it
>should be found in google if it exits.

Fine I'm sure Google would find lots of things but I was
relating in context to this MS Product Support Services-US
newsgroup site and the "Search" button next to "New Post"
& "Post Reply" buttons.

When I click on the "Search" button and then fill in
criteria that should find posts that I can see in the
current window and doesn't, I'm more than a little
surprised. Isn't this a MS controlled site?

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?
ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.dotnet.framewo rk.aspnet
..security

I wanted to know...
1) Was it just me?
2) Am I using the "Search" feature correctly?
3) Does the "Search" feature only search 1 post and not
the newsgroup(like it appears it's supposed to)?
4) Looked to me like it was broken and I thought somebody
at MS responsible for the site oughtta know.

And it still doesn't work for me.

So I guess, I could use Google, but thunderous applause
would be the result for answers to my more fundamental
questions here.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

MSFT

Hi Mike,

I tested the following page today, and it work smoothly:

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...NewsGroup=micr
osoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security

Did you work you for you now?

The search is based on all posts in the group, not only current one.

The From line is for name and email, for example MPurtell
<(E-Mail Removed)>. A tip to get proper result is enlarger the
range of date, for example, from 9/1/2002 to 9/16/2003.

Besides visit it from IE, you also can access the NewGroup with Outlook
Express and work with the Seach function in OE.

Hope this help,

Luke
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security