Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Exception - Could not find a part of the path "D:\"

Exception - Could not find a part of the path "D:\"

Bernie Raffe

I've just deployed my .Net Web app at an ISP on a shared
server.

Whenever I try to create a new directory, an exception is
raised - Could not find a part of the path "D:\"

I'm 100% certain that the directory path is correct, and
in fact one of the 3rd party components that I use tries
to create a 'thumbnails' directory (for images), and the
same exception is raised at that pont.

The first directory that it tries to create is:-
D:\WWWRoot\clubnoticeboardcom\www\ClubData\ClubNo3 0
(everything already exists apart from the
final 'ClubNo30' directory)

This doesn't appear to be the same error as occurs when
ASPNET doesn't have write permissions, it looks as though
its complaining about the root level directory.

Here's the code I use, but as I say - i'm pretty sure its
not a coding problem because even a 3rd party
professional component causes the same exception to be
raised.

private void createClubDirectories(int iClubId)
{
string strFullPath =
HttpContext.Current.Request.PhysicalApplicationPat h
+ "ClubData\\ClubNo" + iClubId.ToString();

Directory.CreateDirectory(strFullPath+);
}

The ISP confirms that the ASPNET account has write/modify
permissions to the roor level directory and to the
ClubData directory.

Can anybody help please?

Thanks,
Bernie

kurt

Hello,

I was wondering if you have found already a solution to your problem.
Me, I have exactly the same problem. My application is hosted at a
server by catalyst2 and they assured me to that the settings are
correct.

If you found a way out of this I would appriciate if you, or somone
else, could give me a clue what's going on.

Kind regards,
Kurt

kurt

Hello,

I was wondering if you have found already a solution to your problem.
Me, I have exactly the same problem. My application is hosted at a
server by catalyst2 and they assured me to that the settings are
correct.

If you found a way out of this I would appriciate if you, or somone
else, could give me a clue what's going on.

Kind regards,
Kurt

Bernie Raffe

Hi Kurt,

We did sort this out eventually.

I had a hard time convincing the ISP that the problem was at their end
and not my code, but in the end they persevered and managed to resolve
the problem at their end.

Unfortunately, they refused to tell me the exact fix that they made, and
only said that it was a 'permissions' problem.

The ISP is at www.hostway-uk.com, I would suggest that your ISP gets in
touch with them. Tell your ISP to refer to my domain name which is
www.clubnoticeboard.com - that should jog Hostways mememories.

Hope this helps - you can contact me directly at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Cheers,
Bernie