Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > line of code for download

line of code for download

alanb

Can somebody be willing to provide me a few lines of code?

a submit botton on page that when clicked will open a directory folder i.e
networ/public directory with files and then make a file selection for
download to their pc? It is something like WS-FTP except it is on page.

--

alan

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Alan,

I wonder if this will do what you need?

"AWS FilePicker is a free ASP.Net web control that lets users navigate
through a folder on the server and select a file. The user can also upload
files to the folder, create subfolders, and copy/move/delete files and
folders. In many ways, FilePicker emulates the "Open File" dialog in Windows
applications."

http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/Co...901&tabindex=2

"alanb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can somebody be willing to provide me a few lines of code?
>
> a submit botton on page that when clicked will open a directory folder i.e
> networ/public directory with files and then make a file selection for
> download to their pc? It is something like WS-FTP except it is on page.
>

> --
>
> alan

alanb

Ken,

I just d/l it and will let you know.
Thank You, Ken for the AWSFilePicker.
"Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Alan,
>
> I wonder if this will do what you need?
>
> "AWS FilePicker is a free ASP.Net web control that lets users navigate
> through a folder on the server and select a file. The user can also upload
> files to the folder, create subfolders, and copy/move/delete files and
> folders. In many ways, FilePicker emulates the "Open File" dialog in

Windows
> applications."

http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/Co...901&tabindex=2

> "alanb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can somebody be willing to provide me a few lines of code?
> >
> > a submit botton on page that when clicked will open a directory folder

i.e
> > networ/public directory with files and then make a file selection for
> > download to their pc? It is something like WS-FTP except it is on page.
> >

> > --
> >
> > alan

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

I didn't write it, I just pointed you to it!

Ken

"alanb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OzEpG$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ken,
>
> I just d/l it and will let you know.
> Thank You, Ken for the AWSFilePicker.
> "Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> I wonder if this will do what you need?
>>
>> "AWS FilePicker is a free ASP.Net web control that lets users navigate
>> through a folder on the server and select a file. The user can also
>> upload
>> files to the folder, create subfolders, and copy/move/delete files and
>> folders. In many ways, FilePicker emulates the "Open File" dialog in

> Windows
>> applications."
>>

> http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/Co...901&tabindex=2

alanb

I just thought you would like to know how I am doing.
Nevertheless, I could not make progress after the install. I had typed
http:// localhost/findpicker.aspx.. But it did not work right. All the time
I thought I have ASP NET framework installed on my machine more than a year
ago. It may look bad for me now; I may have to read its .pdf documents.
Anway, thank you for the link.

"Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I didn't write it, I just pointed you to it!
>
> Ken
>
> "alanb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OzEpG$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ken,
> >
> > I just d/l it and will let you know.
> > Thank You, Ken for the AWSFilePicker.
> > "Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi Alan,
> >>
> >> I wonder if this will do what you need?
> >>
> >> "AWS FilePicker is a free ASP.Net web control that lets users navigate
> >> through a folder on the server and select a file. The user can also
> >> upload
> >> files to the folder, create subfolders, and copy/move/delete files and
> >> folders. In many ways, FilePicker emulates the "Open File" dialog in

> > Windows
> >> applications."

http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/Co...901&tabindex=2

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Are you sure you're navigating to the right location?

The URL would likely be http://localhost/myweb/findpicker.aspx and if you
are using the binary, the DLL would go in the /bin directory of that Web.

"alanb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%230A$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just thought you would like to know how I am doing.
> Nevertheless, I could not make progress after the install. I had typed
> http:// localhost/findpicker.aspx.. But it did not work right. All the
> time
> I thought I have ASP NET framework installed on my machine more than a
> year
> ago. It may look bad for me now; I may have to read its .pdf documents.
> Anway, thank you for the link.

alanb

You may make suggestions, but I have to tell you that I know little asp.
Right now the IIS server is default at InetPub/wwwroot.
For example I type in http://Myweb/FilePicker, it is actually
http://MyWeb/InetPub/wwwroot/FilePicker.
But the problem crops up when I learned that the FilePicker.aspx is actually
located in
http://MyServerIP/FilePicker/FilePicker/FilePicker.aspx.
When I try open this link, it could not locate the page, but
if I try

http://MyServerIP/FilePicker/FilePicker.aspx
would show something like this below in snippet.
<%@ Import Namespace="System.IO.Path" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="ChrisDengler.WebUI.Components"
Assembly="WebMsgBox" %>
<%@ Page trace="False" Inherits="AWS.FilePicker.FileManager"
CodeBehind="FilePicker.aspx.vb" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" %>

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> <%=rm.GetString("LOC_LABEL_SELECTAFILE")%>
</TITLE>
but the FilePicker.aspx does NOT exist in that location.
I am aware of two FILEPICKER folders due to my possible error; I dont know
how it happened.

"Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you sure you're navigating to the right location?
>
> The URL would likely be http://localhost/myweb/findpicker.aspx and if you
> are using the binary, the DLL would go in the /bin directory of that Web.
>

> "alanb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%230A$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just thought you would like to know how I am doing.
> > Nevertheless, I could not make progress after the install. I had typed
> > http:// localhost/findpicker.aspx.. But it did not work right. All the
> > time
> > I thought I have ASP NET framework installed on my machine more than a
> > year
> > ago. It may look bad for me now; I may have to read its .pdf documents.
> > Anway, thank you for the link.

alanb

I notice something.. I think this has to be fixed, first.

for example,

http://localhost/button1.aspx (for example)... the button1.aspx will
respond correctly because it resides in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot.

If I go one folder further from WWWROOT directory

http://localhost/FilePicker, then HTTP: 403 Msg pops up:
"You are not authorized to view this page." I notice whatever folder I try
to access from wwwroot will display like this.

Any idea?
Alan