Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > IIS having problems creating temp directories

IIS having problems creating temp directories

Colin Mackay

Hello,

We are having problems delploying an ASP.NET application onto a server (that
is also a domain controller - I don't know if that has anything to do with
it).

The error message is as seen below. We have tried ensuring that everything
has the correct permissions but it still seems to have problems. If you have
any ideas, or have had this problem before and know how to solve it, please
let me know.

Many thanks,
Colin.

Server Error in '/' Application.
----

Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempor ary
ASP.NET Files\root\2135a508\8d69a834" is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempor ary ASP.NET
Files\root\2135a508\8d69a834" is denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,
choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the
appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the
boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempor ary ASP.NET
Files\root\2135a508\8d69a834" is denied.]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path)
+632
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFi rstTimeInit(HttpContext
context) +85

System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.Ensu reFirstTimeInit(HttpContex
t context) +97

System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.GetP reservedAssemblyEntry(Http
Context context, String virtualPath, Boolean fApplicationFile) +29
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemFro mPreservedCompilation()
+91
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInt ernal(Boolean
fCreateIfNotFound) +148
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWit hNewConfigPath() +125
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetP arserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +120
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledIns tance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +36
System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceIn ternal(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpCo ntext context, String
requestType, String url, String path) +44
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpCont ext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +699

System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Http Application+IExecutionStep
..Execute() +95
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously) +173

----
Version:1.1.4322.573

Colin Mackay

Hello,

I have the answer:

The reason is that .NET 1.0 and 1.1 are installed on the machine. And it was
the 1.0 version of the ASP.NET worker process that was running, while
everything else to do with the application was 1.1

To fix the problem type the something similar to the following at the
command prompt:
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_ regiis.exe -i

Which will install the proper version of the ASP.NET Worker Process.

Regards,
Colin.

"Colin Mackay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23TFx8B$(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

> System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledIns tance(String
> virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +36
> System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceIn ternal(String
> virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
> System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpCo ntext context, String
> requestType, String url, String path) +44
> System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpCont ext context, String
> requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

+699

System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Http Application+IExecutionStep
> .Execute() +95
> System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
> completedSynchronously) +173

> ----
> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;

ASP.NET