Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > WebServices file access problem with UNC Name.

WebServices file access problem with UNC Name.

Julien Petit-Pasquier

Hi everybody,

First of all, I know that the question has been asked many times, but
I've never seen the answer till now :

I have a WebService running on a computer with impersonation set to
true in its web.config file (checked, has good windowsidentity). One
of its webmethods needs to write a file to another computer's disk
through an UNC name.
I have correctly set the rights on that computer, which I checked by
creating a file on this computer when logged under the impersonated
account under windows.
The question is quite obvious : I get a file access error when I try
to write the file from the WebService. So how could I correct this ?

Access to the path "xxx" is denied.

(I run W2K Server on webservice server and file server)

Thank you in advance,

Julien Petit-Pasquier