Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > aspnet_wp won't get executed

aspnet_wp won't get executed

Jaehong

Hi folks..

I installed windows server 2003 with domain controller role.

And installed iis6 and .net framework etc. I run aspnet_regiis -i for sure.

However, when I check task manager, I couldn't find aspnet_wp.exe process.

So I searched all newsgroup, and I find some article related to

aspnet account of domain controller and etc.

Now, I realized I don't have to be a domain controller at all, so I disable

the options. Hence, the aspnet account is now a local account.

I set the aspnet services is allowed in web server extension.

I set file permission on windir/microsoft.net/frame/version.

and re-executed aspnet_regiis -i .. BUT.. still I am not able to see

aspnet_wp running.

What is wrong with it? Please help.

Thanks

Chris Jackson

Browse to an ASP.NET web page. It doesn't start running until it is needed,
and it shuts down once the last active session closes down. The first hit
takes a little bit longer because of startup, but what you gain is your
resources back when nobody is using the web site.

--
Chris Jackson
Software Engineer
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...