Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > runtime error : FileNotFoundException on webservice call

runtime error : FileNotFoundException on webservice call

nono752

Hello,

I have got a security problem with my web service.
When i deploy my WS on my production server, a
FileNotFoundException is thrown.
(see the error below)
So, i use windows authentication without impersonation.

I check that ASPNET has full right on "WINNT/TEMP"
and "ASP.NET Temporary Files"...
and other directories according to :
http://support.microsoft.com:80/supp...ticles/q317/0/
12.asp&NoWebContent=1&NoWebContent=1

I try to add full rigth on "\WINNT" to ASPNET but it does
not work...
Then, I try to add full right on "c:" and it works now !
It works too when ASPNET is member of administrator group.

So, i think i forgot to add rights on a directory but
which one ?

(i try with the "hello world" web service but it is the
same problem)

Thanks..
nono

My error :

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly
name -wyjxhpy.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not
found.
File name : "-wyjxhpy.dll"
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName
fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence
assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly
locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyNa me
assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence
assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName
assemblyRef)
at
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_Compil edAssembl
y()
at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor
(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMapping s
(XmlMapping[] mappings)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturn.GetInitial izers
(LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturnWriter.GetI nitialize
rs(LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.MimeFormatter.GetIni tializers
(Type type, LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerType..ctor
(Type type)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.I nitialize
()
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactor y.Create
(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request,
HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)

Fusion log follows:
=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\WINNT\TEMP\-wyjxhpy.dll
LOG: Appbase = file:///E:/WEB/wwwroot/WS_extranet
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time
(private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly
bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/TEMP/-
wyjxhpy.dll.