Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > KeyDown event on Smartphones

KeyDown event on Smartphones

Atul Thombre

Hello,

I have written an application for Windows Mobile 6.0 smartphones. The
application is written in Microsoft CF 2.0 using C# language. I observed a
weird behavior when I ran my application on different phones.

The application ran properly on Motorola Q9h and on Samsung BlackJack 2.
But, when I ran it on BlackJack 1, the troubles started. I have handled the
KeyDown event on the form since I have some special handling for arrow keys.
When I type any character, say 'm', the KeyDown event for the form gets a
keycode == Keys.D9. Does anyone know why does the form gets Keys.D9 when a
character 'm' is typed?

In another experiment, I shifted the focus on a text box and let Text box
handle the KeyDown event. I observed a different behavior. In this case, the
form gets a KeyCode == 229 (VK_PROCESS) and when the event is captured by
the text box, I get proper 'm' character. Can anyone explain?

Thanks in advance.

Atul.

Keydown event problem when enter key is pressed Gouri.Mahajan7@gmail.com ASP .Net 1 05-23-2008 12:20 PM
keydown event Claudia Fong ASP .Net 5 09-18-2007 08:52 AM
trap keypress and keydown event in asp.net mobile form jaspal singh ASP .Net Mobile 1 11-27-2006 06:17 AM
programmatic firing of keydown event runner7 Javascript 9 09-11-2006 12:47 AM
Keydown Event and Focus Problem mee-shell Python 0 10-23-2004 01:07 AM

Advertisments