Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit

Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit

mobilemobile

Hi,

I'm starting to use ASP.NET mobile controls, and I read that I should
download the Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en).

When I started running the setup it said that it might overwrite existing
files, and since the date on the download page was Jan 2002, I'm worried that
it will overwrite things like .NET Compact Framework or WM5 or PPC2003 SDK
files.

Does anyone know if the Internet Toolkit is included in later downloads, or
if there is a later safer version to install, or what files may be
overwritten? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help,
Steve

Fred Chateau

If I remember correctly, the Mobile Internet Toolkit is for ASP.NET
Websites. It enables you to add controls to server pages that work in mobile
browsers. I don't think you need the Mobile Internet Toolkit with ASP.NET
2.0. In 2.0 the mobile version of the controls is substituted automatically.

Someone please correct me if I wrong.

--
Regards,

Fred Chateau
fchateauAtComcastDotNet

"mobilemobile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm starting to use ASP.NET mobile controls, and I read that I should
> download the Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit
> (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en).
>
> When I started running the setup it said that it might overwrite existing
> files, and since the date on the download page was Jan 2002, I'm worried
> that
> it will overwrite things like .NET Compact Framework or WM5 or PPC2003 SDK
> files.
>
> Does anyone know if the Internet Toolkit is included in later downloads,
> or
> if there is a later safer version to install, or what files may be
> overwritten? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Steve

mobilemobile

Thanks for your reply, Fred.

I figured out my issue.

I am using ASP.NET 1.1 -- although I think for that I may not need the
Toolkit either (I think it's just for 1.0).

BTW, the delay in my reply was due to the reply timing out a bunch.

Steve