Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Newbie, create a smart client help

Newbie, create a smart client help

verci

Hi guys,

I'm running VS2005 Team, SQL Server 2005, .net framework 2.0

I've been asked to develop a small smart client that uses form based
membership authentication and writes to only one sql server table, can
anyone help me find an example or tutorial regarding this application. I'm
farly new to web services and have not been able to find a clear, real world
sample.

After the login screen the user would be presented with a form that ask him
for the values to be written to the database, with the basic functions add,
delete, modify, the table would look something like this:

Column
Type

PercentageID
INTEGER
NOT NULL

Day
DATETIME
NOT NULL

Percentage
DECIMAL(5,2)
NOT NULL

Thanks in advanced

Alexey Smirnov

On May 11, 8:44 pm, "verci" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm running VS2005 Team, SQL Server 2005, .net framework 2.0
>
> I've been asked to develop a small smart client that uses form based
> membership authentication and writes to only one sql server table, can
> anyone help me find an example or tutorial regarding this application. I'm
> farly new to web services and have not been able to find a clear, real world
> sample.
>
> After the login screen the user would be presented with a form that ask him
> for the values to be written to the database, with the basic functions add,
> delete, modify, the table would look something like this:
>
> Column
> Type
>
> PercentageID
> INTEGER
> NOT NULL
>
> Day
> DATETIME
> NOT NULL
>
> Percentage
> DECIMAL(5,2)
> NOT NULL
>
> Thanks in advanced

1. a login screen
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...cation+asp.net

2. a table with some fields
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...kstart+asp.net

Hope it helps

verci

Hi Alexey, thanks for your quick answer.

I have no problem building a winform application or a ASP.net application
with this functionality, my doubts are regarding how to build a smart client
application, what's the difference?, what steps should I follow?, any sample
or link would be very appreciated

Thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On May 11, 8:44 pm, "verci" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm running VS2005 Team, SQL Server 2005, .net framework 2.0
>>
>> I've been asked to develop a small smart client that uses form based
>> membership authentication and writes to only one sql server table, can
>> anyone help me find an example or tutorial regarding this application.
>> I'm
>> farly new to web services and have not been able to find a clear, real
>> world
>> sample.
>>
>> After the login screen the user would be presented with a form that ask
>> him
>> for the values to be written to the database, with the basic functions
>> add,
>> delete, modify, the table would look something like this:
>>
>> Column
>> Type
>>
>> PercentageID
>> INTEGER
>> NOT NULL
>>
>> Day
>> DATETIME
>> NOT NULL
>>
>> Percentage
>> DECIMAL(5,2)
>> NOT NULL
>>
>> Thanks in advanced

> 1. a login screen
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...cation+asp.net
>
> 2. a table with some fields
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...kstart+asp.net
>
> Hope it helps

Alexey Smirnov

On May 13, 9:57 pm, "verci" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Alexey, thanks for your quick answer.
>
> I have no problem building a winform application or a ASP.net application
> with this functionality, my doubts are regarding how to build a smart client
> application, what's the difference?, what steps should I follow?, any sample
> or link would be very appreciated
>
> Thanks

Actually, I thought, posting to this group would be about ASP.NET
A real smart client is more related to WinForms...

I've found a couple of examples that might help

http://www.codeproject.com/smartclie...tclientsoa.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/Do...ildSmClnts.asp

verci

Ok, my bad