Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > What APIs to write a audio recorder app?

What APIs to write a audio recorder app?

Siegfried Heintze

Since the voice record app seems to be crippled on my AudioVox Smart phone,
I thought I would write my own audio recorder as an exercise.

I think the problem with the default audio recorder is that it is running
out of memory. It seems to record successfullly for serveral minutes and
then stops. Playback seems to work OK.

What functions do I need to accept input from the microphone? What functions
do I convert it to a diserable format like WMA or MP3? I tried googling for
"C# mobile applications audio recorder" hoping to find some sample source
code but I had no luck. Maybe someone could point me to the documentation or
some sample source code?

Thanks,
Siegfried