Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Have restart computer to unlock temporary ASP.NET, anyone has experienced this?

Have restart computer to unlock temporary ASP.NET, anyone has experienced this?

Norman Yuan

In my cuurent ASP.NET project, a weird thing happens: when I test-run the
project and a uncatched run error occurs, VS quits the test-run, as
expected. If I try to run the project again (either start it inside VS.NET
or directly call the page from IE), I get server error, pointing to
"machine.cofg" file at following portion:

<compilation ...>
<compilers>
</compilers>
<assemblies>
<add assembly="*"/> <---here is the line of problem
</assemblies>
</complition>

And the following error message says "cannot download file from
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempora ry ASP.NET
files\.projectname\......"

I went to the folder for temporary ASP.NET folder and found last folder at
the end of the chain was not accessible, locked by a process (aspnet_wp.exe,
maybe?). Anyways, I have restart the computer to unlock it. After restart, I
can run the project, either from VS.NET or from IE directly. But if I run
the project from VS.NET(!!!) again and if an error occurs, that temporary
folder is locked again. It does not happen if you run the pages from IE. It
prompt me that there could be something wrong with the project
setting/debugging setting. But I just cannot find where the problem is. Has
anyone been in this situation? Any idea?

bruce barker

try using iisreset instead, its much faster.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)