Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > How to read SMS

How to read SMS

Sandra Fulek

Hi,
Is there somebody who can teach me how to read SMS with VB.NET on my PPC
(Qtek 200).
Thanks for any help.

Sandra

Jesse Houwing

Sandra Fulek wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there somebody who can teach me how to read SMS with VB.NET on my PPC
> (Qtek 200).
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Sandra

There are a couple of options, but they all involve adding some extra
libraries to your application. Just pick one from the following:

A wrapper for the POOM object model from MS:
http://thesource.ofallevil.com/downl...displaylang=en

There are also a couple of 3rd party libraries that should help:
http://www.inthehand.com/WindowsMobile.aspx (see
InTheHand.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook.MessageFolde r)
http://www.opennetcf.org/library/ (see OpenNetCF.Phone.Sim.MessageStorage)

I don't have a complete sample with VB code, but this should get you
started.

Jesse Houwing

Sandra Fulek

Thanks Jesse,
Sandra

"Jesse Houwing" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sandra Fulek wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is there somebody who can teach me how to read SMS with VB.NET on my PPC
>> (Qtek 200).
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Sandra

> There are a couple of options, but they all involve adding some extra
> libraries to your application. Just pick one from the following:
>
> A wrapper for the POOM object model from MS:
> http://thesource.ofallevil.com/downl...displaylang=en
>
> There are also a couple of 3rd party libraries that should help:
> http://www.inthehand.com/WindowsMobile.aspx (see
> InTheHand.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook.MessageFolde r)
> http://www.opennetcf.org/library/ (see OpenNetCF.Phone.Sim.MessageStorage)
>
> I don't have a complete sample with VB code, but this should get you
> started.
>
> Jesse Houwing

henk

Is there anybody who can help me with a working code to read sms from a
smartphone.
(without any 3trd parity tools, it's a school project wich must be
free).

Thanks in advance

Arno.