Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Email message width limit in IE

Email message width limit in IE

Elna

I am developing a small mobile ASP.NET app, where I send a user an email with
a link which would lead him to the a certain page on our website. I would
like to log him automatically, so when I create a link I add his user name
and password to it, so I can parse it later. This system works fine when
emails are opened on a computer, and user is authenticated fine, but from any
mobile device, the link does not work. I discovered that the link has a line
break character after every 71 characters, so when selected it would only
contain first 71 characters. And it's not only created by me link, but others
as well. If I look at the HTML saved from the email it has <br> after every
71 characters.

Is it normal that when email messages are rendered in IE they get only 71
characters per line? Is there setting somewhere to override this behavior?
What are my options for having long links in emails?

I am testing with Pocket PC 5.0 emulator.

Elena.