Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DLINK 2100 AP as a repeater, No luck

DLINK 2100 AP as a repeater, No luck

alpsecusys@msn.com

Hello,
I have 2 x DWL 2100 APs one is connected to my adsl router via Lan
cable. The other is set up as a repeater with the MAC address of the
main AP in its root address field. It is not plugged into the LAN via
Lan cable. It successfully repeates the wifi connection and the clients
get a correct IP address from it However I cannot ping anything that is
attached on the Primary AP or LAN. I can ping any client that has
connected to the Repeater.

Is there any settings I need to change here or is it supposed to be
cabled into the LAN, It appears basically the two APs cannot
communicate via TCPIP themselves even tho all IP addresses are correct
and gateways are correct. If a client connects to the Primary AP they
are able to access resources , internet etc with the same settings as
configured in the repeater

Jack

Hi
Make sure that you have only one DHCP server On (preferably the one in the
Router).
Jack (MVP-Networking).

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
> I have 2 x DWL 2100 APs one is connected to my adsl router via Lan
> cable. The other is set up as a repeater with the MAC address of the
> main AP in its root address field. It is not plugged into the LAN via
> Lan cable. It successfully repeates the wifi connection and the clients
> get a correct IP address from it However I cannot ping anything that is
> attached on the Primary AP or LAN. I can ping any client that has
> connected to the Repeater.
>
> Is there any settings I need to change here or is it supposed to be
> cabled into the LAN, It appears basically the two APs cannot
> communicate via TCPIP themselves even tho all IP addresses are correct
> and gateways are correct. If a client connects to the Primary AP they
> are able to access resources , internet etc with the same settings as
> configured in the repeater

Re: try your luck 100 free spins GuitarMan Firefox 0 07-17-2005 03:59 PM
Any luck? loku Firefox 2 02-13-2005 04:51 AM
Two laptops, no luck! =?Utf-8?B?Q2F0aGFs?= Wireless Networking 4 11-16-2004 01:16 AM
Re: Any luck using phones in flight mode? Imya Rek Cisco 0 02-10-2004 01:33 AM
How to Connect Dlink Router to a Dlink Router? fgarvin2000NOSPAM@yahoo.com Computer Support 2 09-06-2003 05:05 AM

Advertisments