Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > datagrid in mobile page?

datagrid in mobile page?

dave

Is it possible to use an asp:datagrid in a mobile asp.net page?

I currently get "File or assembly name System.Web.Controls, or one of its
dependencies, was not found"

When i put the following at the top of the mobile page
<%@ Register TagPrefix="asp" Assembly="System.Web.Controls" %>

Any help would be appreciated.
thx

Tim Howard

We cheated. We managed to do it by having our login page as a mobile web
controls page (mobile web project) which then called a standard asp.net page
with standard controls... we also made our session cookieless (whilst still
calling our cookie in code) which also seemed to help. We needed this just
to get Pocket ie to work under GPRS (we were getting incomplete pages coming
through and the javascript was being chopped - no matter where on the page
it was). It was weird in that if you refresh the page the code would then
all be present and correct.

The code had previously worked while our Pocket PC was in its cradle on
Pocket ie, and in another browser NetFront (even under GPRS). We never
actually worked out why... go figure???? (possibly a WAP/GPRS gateway
issue - but that doesn't explain why NetFront worked). That's Pocket ie for
you I guess. It took us about four days to get this solution to a simple and
annoying problem.

Regards
Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)...