Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Accessing .Net parent ctrl from interopped AxCtrl in VB6 ?

Accessing .Net parent ctrl from interopped AxCtrl in VB6 ?

balg

I have a client control in VB6 and I have a .Net container application which
hosts that control.

The .Net container control implements a certain interface which is in a
separate .Net (interface-only) project, which is referenced (ccw) by VB6
control.
(i.e, this interface project is referenced both in vb6 and .net )

Now from VB6 i need to get this interface, (In Container-In-VB6 scenario,
usually it will be by "UserControl.Parent" and assign it to that interface.)

But ContainerInDotnet scenario, UserControl.Parent ( in VB6 control )
returns nothing !

Is there any Direct way of getting a .Net parent thru' a common interface in
the VB6 world (I don't want the .net container control itself, but only the
interface which it implements ) ?

PS : I've tried raising event from VB6 with a byref param, so .Net captures
that event and sends back the container interface. it works but is there any
direct way ?

The richtextbox not receiving the keys such Ctrl+A, Ctrl+O when typedon it when hosted on web page Gouri.Mahajan7@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 07-11-2008 05:27 AM
Disabling the shortcuts such as Ctrl+A, Ctrl+B.... using Javascript Gouri.Mahajan7@gmail.com ASP .Net 2 07-10-2008 08:15 AM
How to intercept Ctrl key - eg Ctrl E being pressed on Java console program Angus Java 5 11-18-2006 04:19 PM
Implement Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V Danny C++ 5 08-15-2003 03:04 AM
Implement Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V Danny C Programming 5 08-15-2003 03:04 AM

Advertisments