Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Smart Client Architecture and Design Guide

Smart Client Architecture and Design Guide

Naveen

Hi All,

This guide gives you prescriptive guidance on how to overcome architectural
challenges and design issues when building smart client solutions. It also
provides guidance on how to combine the benefits of traditional rich client
applications with the manageability of thin client applications.

HTH

With Best Regards
Naveen K S

HX

Hi Naveen,

I agree with you, it is a great architectural design guidance.

I have only a question regarding section "Using the Model-View-Controller
Pattern to Implement Data Validation" (page 34).

According to the author, "The controller object is responsible for notifying
the user interface when changes to the data have occurred..." (Last paragraph
on page 35). In my mind, Model of pattern MVC is supposed to do the
notification thing but Controller. I really got confused of it. Would you
have an explanation about it?

BTW the scenario described in the section resembles the pattern of
Decorator. Please see page 36, class CustomerController is decorator of class
Customer. Please let me know how you think of it.

Regards,

Compuware NSC
Hong Xu

"Naveen" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This guide gives you prescriptive guidance on how to overcome architectural
> challenges and design issues when building smart client solutions. It also
> provides guidance on how to combine the benefits of traditional rich client
> applications with the manageability of thin client applications.

> HTH
>
> With Best Regards
> Naveen K S

HX

Hi Naveen,

It is a great architectural design guidance.

I have only a question regarding section "Using the Model-View-Controller
Pattern to Implement Data Validation" (on page 34).

According to the author, "The controller object is responsible for notifying
the user interface when changes to the data have occurred..." (Last paragraph
on page 35). In my mind, Model of pattern MVC is supposed to do the
notification thing but Controller. I really got confused of it. Would you
have an explanation about it?

BTW the scenario described in the section resembles the pattern of
Decorator. Please see page 36, class CustomerController is decorator of class
Customer. Please let me know how you think of it.

Thanks,

Hong X