Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Insert a custom TAG first in body

Insert a custom TAG first in body

Sean Feldman

Hello,
I need to insert inside the BODY a custom tag, <X> and it has to be the
first one.
How do I accomplish this task? I thought of overloading the render method of
page, but couldn't find any hint.
Thank you for assitance.

JuanDG

I explained this one on an earlier post (like a week ago), here's the info
again, but if you tell me exactly why do you need this <X> tag maybe we can
try to figure out a solution

Cheers!!!

---------------OLD POST---------------------

ASP.NET Engine (which I explained on an earlier post) is designed to render
pages in the most accurate way for the device requesting them.

That's why we use generic tags like <mobile:form> or <mobile:label>.
By using the "mobile" keyword in the start of the tag we're telling the
ASP.NET Engine to replace those tags with equivalent tags in the markup
language supported by the device requesting the page.

In the namespace System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters you can find all the
adapters that render mobile controls into specific tags of a given markup
language (like WML, xHTML, cHTML).

That's the reason why all the specific markup (like HTML) that you write in
a mobile web form will be removed at runtime, because it can't be adapted
into other markup languages. If you want to use a specific feature supported
only by a few devices or a single markup language you hay to use the custom
device filters.

I hope I made myself clear, if not, please tell me so I can elaborate some
more.

Regards!!!!

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional

"Sean Feldman" <Sean http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I need to insert inside the BODY a custom tag, <X> and it has to be the
> first one.
> How do I accomplish this task? I thought of overloading the render method
> of
> page, but couldn't find any hint.
> Thank you for assitance.

Sean Feldman

Hi,
thanks for your post.
What I need is to render a psecial tag requiered by local mobile provider
just after the <body> tag (I'm talking about Xhtml content), so it would look
like:
<!-- regular content rendered by mobile asp.net -->

The Render method of XhtmlFormAdapter didn't help since it renders the
inside content of body. Any idea?