Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > How can I insert some HTML tag in MobileControl with using ASP.NET?

How can I insert some HTML tag in MobileControl with using ASP.NET?

Sara T.

How can I insert some HTML tag in MobileControl with using ASP.NET?

For example:
In Mobile TextView Control:

TextView1.Text = "<h1>This is a test</h1>"

I thought ASP.NET will eliminate all of unknown tags before sending to the
client because I try to view HTML after generated and the unknown is just
disapperaed.

Can anybody have some suggestion?

Sara T.

JuanDG

ASP.NET Engine (which I explained on an earlier post) is designed to render
pages in the most accurate way for the device requesting them.

That's why we use generic tags like <mobile:form> or <mobile:label>.
By using the "mobile" keyword in the start of the tag we're telling the
ASP.NET Engine to replace those tags with equivalent tags in the markup
language supported by the device requesting the page.

In the namespace System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters you can find all the
adapters that render mobile controls into specific tags of a given markup
language (like WML, xHTML, cHTML).

That's the reason why all the specific markup (like HTML) that you write in
a mobile web form will be removed at runtime, because it can't be adapted
into other markup languages. If you want to use a specific feature supported
only by a few devices or a single markup language you hay to use the custom
device filters.

I hope I made myself clear, if not, please tell me so I can elaborate some
more.

Regards!!!!

--

Juan David Gomez A.