Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Does any non-mobile-phone wireless device support Openwave browser?

Does any non-mobile-phone wireless device support Openwave browser?

Dominic

Hi all,

I understand that there are a range wide of mobile / cellular phones
using Openwave browser. How about non-phone devices such as PDAs,
2-way pagers, etc?

As far as I know, ALL smartphones and Pocket PCs use Pocket Internet
Explorer. Is that true?

Thanks
Dom

ACE!!!

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Dominic) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> As far as I know, ALL smartphones and Pocket PCs use Pocket Internet
> Explorer. Is that true?

For smartphones only true if they are running Windows Mobile, if they
are running Symbian EPOC then it's Opera, as far as I know.

~S.

--
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Matt Ranlett

Hello Dominic,
Actually, Pocket Internet Explorer is only for Windows CE devices. Other smartphone devices (such as ones which run the Symbian OS (anything from Nokia)) use different broswers. Symbian comes with a built in WAP text-only browser, but you can download and install third party browsers such as Opera, NetFront, WebView, and the Doris browser. I personally use the Opera browser on my Symbian OS (Series 60) phone. Works pretty good except for its bad habit of using up all the available memory and shutting itself down from time to time.