Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Spash page

Spash page

Sara T.

How can I create spash screen page?

I mean user will see test1.aspx page for a while (5 second) and then
redirect to the other page i.e. test1.aspx automatically.

I thought it could be easily if it is a WebForm, not a MobileForm.

JuanDG

I think you mean Splash instead of spash.....(Typo??)

Anyways there's an easy way to do this in mobile web forms (easier than the
JavaScript used for this in web forms).

Since it's a splash screen you won't be needing any fancy ASP.NET features
so you don't have to use a mobile web form, instead you can use plain WML.

let's say you'll call your splash screen "splash.wml" the code you'll put in
it will be something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">

<wml>

<card id="Splash" title="Welcome!" ontimer="Index.aspx">
<timer value="xxx"/>

Welcome to my Mobile Site!.
</card>

</wml>

The trick is the "ontimer" property of the "card" element and the "timer"
element inside the card, in the "value" property xxx is the number of
seconds you want the splash screen to be displayed.

It works fine if you're aiming for WAP devices, if you're not, let me know
and we'll work something in xhtml-mp.

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional

"Sara T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I create spash screen page?
>
> I mean user will see test1.aspx page for a while (5 second) and then
> redirect to the other page i.e. test1.aspx automatically.
>
> I thought it could be easily if it is a WebForm, not a MobileForm.

Sara T.

Thanks a lot for your help.

But the code is in WML, could you have any coding in ASP.NET with using
mobile controls.
Because I still so not know how can I insert some WML script or WML code to
ASP.NET.

Best Regards,
Sara T.

"JuanDG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think you mean Splash instead of spash.....(Typo??)
>
> Anyways there's an easy way to do this in mobile web forms (easier than

the
> JavaScript used for this in web forms).
>
> Since it's a splash screen you won't be needing any fancy ASP.NET features
> so you don't have to use a mobile web form, instead you can use plain WML.
>
> let's say you'll call your splash screen "splash.wml" the code you'll put

in
> it will be something like this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
> "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
>
> <wml>
>
> <card id="Splash" title="Welcome!" ontimer="Index.aspx">
> <timer value="xxx"/>

> Welcome to my Mobile Site!.
> </card>
>
> </wml>
>
> The trick is the "ontimer" property of the "card" element and the "timer"
> element inside the card, in the "value" property xxx is the number of
> seconds you want the splash screen to be displayed.
>
> It works fine if you're aiming for WAP devices, if you're not, let me know
> and we'll work something in xhtml-mp.
>
> --
>
> Juan David Gomez A.
> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Analista de Desarrollo - PSL S.A.
> Web and Wireless Banking
> Medellin - Colombia

JuanDG

You don't have to insert WML code into ASP.NET!!!!!

Simply save the code I gave you in a *.wml file, the file will automatically
redirect the user after a few seconds to your *.aspx file

if you want to build your splash page in the .NET IDE you can do a little
trick by constructing the page there and then viewing it in an emulator,
like Openwave and viewing the wml output generated (in Openwave go to view
menu then click Source) and copy this output into a *.wml file, add the
timer code I showed you and you'll have your splash page.