Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Problem with render page to html

Problem with render page to html

Sara T.

I use .NET Framework 1.1 with device update 4.

When I render my page to "html32" by configuration at web.config, mobile
phone (Nokia 6230) cannot display the page with the error is no gateway
response. But if I change the config to render to "wml11", it can display
correctly.

I know the specification of the phone supports html 4.0, why the page cannot
be display?

Otherwise, I

Sara T.

JuanDG

Hi There,

I'm not quite sure (its hard to tell with so little detail), but I think the
problem is neither your code nor your phone but your mobile operator.

Maybe (and that's just a possibility) you Mobile Operator (the company you
buy the mobile service from) might have a filter at their WAP Gateway, so
when content is labeled "text/html" instead of "text/vnd.wap.wml" it is
rejected, and not forwarded to the phone, and that's what you get the error.

Try asking your Mobile Operator about this or better yet, Do you know some
other phone connected to the same operator that can render the page
correctly???

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional

"Sara T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use .NET Framework 1.1 with device update 4.
>
> When I render my page to "html32" by configuration at web.config, mobile
> phone (Nokia 6230) cannot display the page with the error is no gateway
> response. But if I change the config to render to "wml11", it can display
> correctly.
>
> I know the specification of the phone supports html 4.0, why the page
> cannot
> be display?
>
> Otherwise, I
>
> Sara T.

JuanDG

I read on Nokia site that your phone supports XHTML (WAP 2.0) not HTML 4.0
so you better check your syntaxes because XHTML its very strict about well
formatted docuemnts.

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Analista de Desarrollo - PSL S.A.
Web and Wireless Banking
Medellin - Colombia

"Sara T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use .NET Framework 1.1 with device update 4.
>
> When I render my page to "html32" by configuration at web.config, mobile
> phone (Nokia 6230) cannot display the page with the error is no gateway
> response. But if I change the config to render to "wml11", it can display
> correctly.
>
> I know the specification of the phone supports html 4.0, why the page
> cannot
> be display?
>
> Otherwise, I
>
> Sara T.

Sara T.

It's so pity that I have just ONLY put Label control to my mobile form and
use Nokia 6230 to view it but it does not work as I told already.

I don't think it could be an Operator problem because when I use another
mobile phone to connect via the same SIM card (that is the same Operator
with Nokia 6230), it works as well.

As your comments about specification of the phone supports XHTML (WAP 2.0)
may be addressed. Could I config .NET framework 1.1 DU4.0 to support render
screen with XHTML?

Because I try to config to WML, it works fine but WML cannot display any
color.

Sara T.

news:enBE#(E-Mail Removed)...