Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Newbie: Problem running Mobile web application on PPC emulator

Newbie: Problem running Mobile web application on PPC emulator

Vinita Sharma

Hi,

I have made my first mobile web application and it works fine on IE. But
when I try to run it using emulator, nothing works. In my PPC emulator I
typed the URL http://www.yahoo.com but it did not work. Why is this
happening? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you ver much,

Vinita

Andrew Enfield \(MS\)

What error or behavior are you seeing?

At a guess though, if you haven't configured the Pocket PC emulator to
connect to the Internet, you'll get a connection error (I don't have an
emulator running right now, so don't know the exact error). You can set up a
Smartphone using the instructions here:
http://www.msmobiles.com/catalog/i.php/375.html. The Pocket PC UI isn't
exactly the same, but it's similar.

--
Andrew Enfield
Programmer Writer, Windows CE

"Vinita Sharma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ogcc%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have made my first mobile web application and it works fine on IE. But
> when I try to run it using emulator, nothing works. In my PPC emulator I
> typed the URL http://www.yahoo.com but it did not work. Why is this
> happening? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you ver much,
>
> Vinita

Rick Spiewak

You usually need to set up the network connection in the emulator the first
time you use it (and after you re-initialize it) just like it was a real
PPC.