Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Sending SMS

Sending SMS

Patrick Jox

Hello,
want to write an application that allows me to send SMS (Short Messages) to
Mobile Devices. Is there suach a tool already available or can anyone help
to set me on the right track. Where can I find Information about that. Which
provider to use, which protocoll etc.

Thanks a lot in advance

Patrick

Jean-Luc David [MS-MVP]

Hi Patrick,

Here are a few articles that may interest you:

http://www.aspnetpro.com/files/showfile.asp?FileID=1775
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/SendingSMS.asp
http://www.asptoday.com/Content.aspx?id=832
http://www.wap2web.de/vbsms.aspx

Thanks,
Jean-Luc David
Microsoft .NET MVP
http://www.stormpixel.com
http://weblogs.asp.net/jld/

> want to write an application that allows me to send SMS (Short Messages)

> Mobile Devices. Is there suach a tool already available or can anyone help
> to set me on the right track. Where can I find Information about that.

Which
> provider to use, which protocoll etc.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> Patrick

Ted Moore

Hello,

>want to write an application that allows me to send SMS (Short Messages) to
>Mobile Devices. Is there suach a tool already available

Yes, it already exists, NotePage has apps that do this sort of thing
http://www.notepager.com/software.htm

Best
Ted Moore