Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > Special caracters

Special caracters

Gir

Hi,

In my i-mode portal, i want to include emoji.

So i have to include : 잫 for example.

But when i compile my code i have : ? and this is not an
emoji ! So with : 잫 it runs but it don't works

Can somebody help me ?

Windows SErver 2003 and framework 1.1.4322

Regards

Jean-Luc David [MS-MVP]

Hi there,

To add in emoji in your ASP.NET webpage, you have to
use the symbol: URL scheme. For example:

<mobile:Image
runat="Server"
id="emoji"
AlternateText="Here is an emoji"
ImageUrl="symbol:51115">
</mobile:Image>

The symbole :URL scheme is documented on MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...agecontrol.asp

Keep in mind that the emoji will only render if the framework
detects the device as an i-Mode device. It will likely not work
in emulators (unless the correct User-Agent is transmitted to
the server).

I've written an article called "Developing I-Mode Websites
using Mobile.NET" on ASPToday.com which goes into deeper
detail.

Thanks,
Jean-Luc David
Microsoft .NET MVP
http://www.stormpixel.com
http://weblogs.asp.net/jld/

> In my i-mode portal, i want to include emoji.
>
> So i have to include : 잫 for example.
>
> But when i compile my code i have : ? and this is not an
> emoji ! So with : &amp;#51115; it runs but it don't works
>
> Can somebody help me ?
>
> Windows SErver 2003 and framework 1.1.4322
>
> Regards

Re,

In fact it is obvious : just write in the html code :
잫 !!!

I have not to add a mobile control and set a text.

Thanks for you reply

us/mwsdk/html/mwlrfimagecontrol.asp

string caracters: luca72 Python 2 04-22-2010 01:04 PM
Option to limit the number of caracters in <textarea> ? freeposte@gmail.com HTML 4 12-01-2008 08:06 PM
Why are these caracters not being display correct =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?= ASP .Net 4 08-25-2006 10:42 PM
RegExp and special caracters arno Javascript 7 02-07-2006 12:48 PM
Problem with asp:SqlDataSource LIKE condition with acute caracters alain.hogue@gmail.com ASP .Net 2 01-09-2006 04:22 PM

Advertisments