Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > WAP Site and back button

WAP Site and back button

Sara T.

I develop WAP site by using VS.NET but I didn't see any WebControl to set
the browser back like a normal wap site or web site.

I mean if I am in PAGE 2, I need to have a button to click for back to PAGE
1.

How can I do?

Sara T.

Jean-Luc David [MS-MVP]

Hi Sara,

You have several options:

a) If you create a site with a multi-card deck, most WAP
browsers will automatically render a back button.

b) If you want to guarantee a back button, you can explicitly
use the mobile:Link control on your page. For example:

<mobile:Link runat="server"
NavigateURL="page1.aspx">
Back
</mobile:Link>

c) A filter can be used to also provide navigation on a WAP site
via the <do> command. Here is a kb article on that very topic:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q314519

Thanks,
Jean-Luc David
Microsoft .NET MVP
http://www.stormpixel.com
http://weblogs.asp.net/jld/

> I develop WAP site by using VS.NET but I didn't see any
> WebControl to set the browser back like a normal wap site
> or web site.
>
> I mean if I am in PAGE 2, I need to have a button to click for
> back to PAGE 1.
>
> How can I do?
>
> Sara T.

Visual Studio 2005 and Mobile WAP Site meo ASP .Net 3 03-10-2007 02:37 PM
WAP secure, what about WAP keys in wireless settings? Jac Wireless Networking 1 02-11-2006 04:54 AM
ASP.NET WAP Site ssp ASP .Net Mobile 4 07-08-2005 11:23 AM
disable the back button provide the users with my own button to go back. sylvia sil ASP .Net 1 12-29-2004 04:41 PM
Help Reqd: WAP payment gateway, premium SMS and WAP usernames Aaron Whiffin HTML 0 09-04-2003 10:39 AM

Advertisments