Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Mobile > sessionStateHistorySize

sessionStateHistorySize

Just D

Hi All,

I got a problem. The application is written on C# for the regular IE and for
the Mobile device, the initial page checks for a remote browser version and
redirects to a required subset. It's easy.

The same application with the same settings works fine on a regular IE, but
it causes the problems on a mobile device. I can return a few pages back,
then press a button on the returned page and get the following message:

Server Error in
'ApplicationName'
Application.
-------------------------------
The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the
session has expired, the client didn not sent a valid session cookie, or the
session state history is too small. Try increasing the history size or
session expiry limit.

I repeat that the same application but with regular page controls works fine
on usual XP, but almost the same pages cause a problem on the mobile device.
What is the easiest solution? I tried to allow cookies, I tried to add these
strings to the Web.Config:

<mobileControls
cookielessDataDictionaryType="System.Web.Mobile.Co okielessData"
sessionStateHistorySize="10"
/>

If these strings are uncommented the application doesn't start at all
showing the error in these strings. All these configuration settings are
stolen from the Internet examples and theretically should work fine but they
don't. Is is a physical limitation of the Mobile Device that I'm using? The
same aplication works fine if I don't use the BackSpace button to go back.

-----------------------------

I also tried to hide the error page and substitute my own htm page using
these settings in Web.Config:

<customErrors
defaultRedirect="http://192.168.123.123/APP/APPError.htm"
mode="Off">
<error statusCode="500"
redirect="http://192.168.123.123/APP/APPError.htm"/>
</customErrors>

It doesn't work if I use the short relative URL like APPError.htm or
/APPError.htm or the full absolute URL. Why? Mobile problems?

Thanks,
Dmitri